- Price On request
- Location Maresme
- Built size 1050m2
- Plot size 9070m2
- Bedrooms 6
- Bathrooms 6
Exquisite 6-bedroom country house on a large plot of over 9,070 m² in the centre of the sought-after village of Alella on the Maresme Coast
Originally constructed in 1827 and, without question, one of the standout properties in the region, this magnificant neoclassical style country home is located just a stone’s throw from centre of the sought-after town of Alella, 15km from Barcelona on the Maresme Coast.
Exquisitely restored by its current owners, the 6-bedroom property boasts over 1,000 m² of constructed area and sits amidst beautifully landscaped Mediterranean gardens with far reaching views across the surrounding vineyards and to the Mediterranean Sea. The large, 9,070m² plot is set across various different terraces and includes an award-winning rose garden from the 1930s, numerous fruits trees, a kitchen garden and a stunning Provençal-style swimming pool sat amongst mature olive trees.
Originally constructed as a summer house for an prominent Catalan merchant family, this idyllic home is one of Alella’s most important historical properties. The restoration project, finished in 2017, was completed to the very highest specifications and great care was taken to ensure that the home lost none of its authentic charm and beauty. The property is packed with original features, including its spectacular Catalan vaulted ceilings, an ornate water deposit immediately in front of the property, ancient olive and wine presses on the ground floor and the original wrought iron gates at the main entrance.
The home is built across three levels and includes 2 kitchens, several generous sized reception rooms (the main ground floor living room measures over 135 m²) and a total of 6 spacious en-suite bedrooms. From an architectural point of view, one of the key features of the property are the two beautiful porticoed terraces that extend from the front to rear of the building on each first floor wing, offering exceptional views across the town, the coast and the surrounding vineyards.
The extensive grounds have been meticulously designed and great effort has been taken to preserve as much of the original landscape architecture as possible. There are several shaded seating areas for outdoor dining, a beautiful bar area, a lovely swimming pool with covered terrace and extensive storage for garden furniture and machinery. There is also ample guest parking by the second entrance to the property.
This is one of the region’s finest properties and a rare opportunity to acquire a country home in a prime area of Barcelona province within such close proximity to the city (17km) and the coast (2,5km).
Outstanding neoclassical architecture
Superb location in Alella
Spacious interiors with 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms
Beautifully landscaped Mediterranean gardens
Exceptional views of the coast and surrounding vineyards
One-of-a-kind property within easy reach of Barcelona City
Share this property
- Swimming pool
- Private garden
- Covered parking
- Mountain views
- Sea views
- Games room
- Guest house
- Staff quarters
- Original features
- Exterior alarm
- Underfloor heating
- Wine cellar
The 948 m² home is constructed over three levels, all connected by a lift and is distributed as follows:
- Stunning entrance hall with 4m high ceilings and a large fireplace
- Family kitchen with central work island and burgundy stone floor
- Larder with sink and extensive storage cupboards
- Dining room with high, vaulted ceiling and direct access to the exterior front terrace
- Main reception room (135 m²) with beautiful fireplace and polished wooden floors. The room is divided into 4 different seating areas, including a snug TV room, and offers direct access to the rear terrace and garden
- Storage room
- Guest WC
- Second entrance hall
- Wine cellar with climate control and an original olive press
- A second kitchen with laundry area and access to the covered terrace
- Billiards room
- En-suite double bedroom
- An impressive master suite occupying the entire width of the building, including a spacious double bedroom with sea views, two bathrooms, two dressing rooms, a living room and access to the covered terraces on both sides of the property
- Large reception room with exposed beams and soundproofed wooden flooring
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and access to a roof terrace
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, dressing room and a mezzanine
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and dressing room
- Swimming pool changing rooms
- 2 exterior WCs
- Outdoor bar
- Extensive garden storage
Additional features include:
- Private well and water mine. The mine provides 9.500 – 11.000 litres of garden water per day
- 2 × 18.000ltr underground water storage tanks
- Double glazing throughout
- Mains gas central heating (via radiators)
- Mains drainage
- Underfloor heating in the kitchen
- Lift to all floors of the property
- Garden illumination
- Antique water deposit with fountain in front of the main entrance to the home
A more perfect location would be hard to find. This superb country home is located just a couple of minute’s walk from the centre of Alella, a beautiful wine-growing town just 17km from central Barcelona and amongst the Maresme region’s most sought-after locations for high-end national and international home buyers.
The town is just 2.5km from the nearest beaches and marina and offers excellent transport links to Barcelona city – via bus, train and motorway. The nearest international school, Hamelin Laie in Montgat, is only 8 minutes (4,5km) away.
The property is only 30 minutes (35km) from Barcelona airport and 50 minutes (74km) from Girona airport.
Approximate location shown below at owner's request — further details available on enquiry.
This magnificent luxury home is a standout property in the charming Mediterranean town of Alella, famed for its wine.and exclusive residences.