- Price €3,749,000
- Location Llafranc
- Built size 1146m2
- Plot size 5162m2
- Bedrooms 9
- Bathrooms 6
One of the Costa Brava's standout properties, this superb 9-bedroom home is located in the sought-after seaside town of Llafranc and enjoys exquisite panoramic sea views.
Originally constructed in the 1960s, the property was extended in 1976 by Enrique Sabater, Business Manager to the great Salvador Dalí. The home was a popular gathering place where exhibitions and lively parties were held. The property frequently hosted functions attended by some of the world’s most influential art critics in order to promote Dalí’s work.
Set across 4 levels, the property is presented in excellent condition and the current owner has taken great care to ensure that the home has retained much of its original flair and flamboyance.
The home is set on a large plot of over 5000m² – with scope for further development. The estate includes the main 6-bedroom house featuring several reception rooms and measuring 899m², a separate 3-bedroom staff house, beautiful gardens with private saltwater swimming pool and garaging for up to 8 cars.
The house boasts 270 degree sea views and a high level of privacy and is just a 15-minute walk from Llafranc beachfront. The property enjoys a south/south west orientation with day long sunshine.
This is a unique opportunity to acquire a standout property of historical significance in one of the Costa Brava’s most sought-after areas.
1,146m² of accommodation across 4 floors and separate guest house
Prime location on the Costa Brava overlooking the bay of Llafranc
Extended in 1976 by Enrique Sabater, business manager to Salvador Dalí
15-minute walk from Llafranc beachfront
Previously used to host events attended by some of the world's most influential art critics
Large plot with scope for further development
Share this property
- Swimming pool
- Private garden
- Sea views
- Guest house
- Staff quarters
- Interior alarm
This unique property offers 1,146m² of accommodation across 4 floors and separate guest house.
Ground floor (entry level)
- Main entrance hall dressed with Carrara marble with broad, elegant staircase leading to the upper floors
- Expansive main lounge with fireplace with access to the spacious front terrace and garden with far reaching views south-westerly over Llafranc and across the dramatic Costa Brava coastline
- Library / reading room
- Dining room with wonderful sea views, furnished with original pieces created by Carlo Scarpa and Japanese designer Kazuhide Takahama
- Original kitchen by Alno, restored to its vintage elegance
- Breakfast room
- Guest WC
- Family / guest apartment, including two double bedrooms, bathroom and TV area
- Exhibition room / study with the original fittings, once used to display Dalí’s artwork
- Generous sized principal bedroom suite with dressing rooms, his/her bathrooms and access to a private terrace
- Two large double bedrooms with terrace access
- Family bathroom
- Single bedroom
- Bar / entertaining room
- Reception room with access to a huge terrace with capacity to entertain up to 100 guests
Lower ground floor
- Large games room with access to the covered porch and garden
- Laundry room
- Gym / storage room
- Sauna and wine cellar
- Shower and WC
- An independent 3-bedroom dwelling with lounge, kitchen and two bathrooms
- Several sea terraces
- Large covered porch
- Saltwater swimming pool
- Mature Mediterranean trees
- Landscaped lawn gardens
- Outdoor kitchen / BBQ area
- Toilet and showers for guests
- Garaging for 8 cars with additional off-street parking
The property is located is a tranquil, hillside residential area just 1km from the centre of Llafranc, one of the Costa Brava’s most sought-after and emblematic coastal villages.
The nearest restaurant is within walking distance of the house and the property is just a few minutes’ drive from all local amenities. The home is 120km from Barcelona and its international airport, 50km from the historic medieval city of Girona and just 75km from the French border.
Approximate location shown below at owner's request — further details available on enquiry.